Saturday, November 20, 2010

Lesson Learned

So I made chili last night.  I used Betty Crocker's recipe, which was pretty simple and easy.  Now, I knew beforehand that Billy does not like beans.  Period.  The only beans he will eat willingly are green beans, which don't even count.  I do make a Santa Fe soup which is basically a three-bean soup, containing pintos, kidney beans, and black beans, but he will eat that just fine because the soup is so spicy you can't really taste the "bean" flavor.  So I was hoping this would work out with chili, too, because I love chili on a cold night.  I was very wrong.  He ate a bowl and a half, I think of out courtesy to me, but I could tell he was not thrilled.  He said it had too many beans in it.  Oh well, I tried.  I did learn that if I make corn bread in a pie pan instead of a muffin pan it turns out WAY better and it doesn't make as much of a mess.  So one failure and one success in the same meal!

On a high note, I visited Money Saving Mom today and found a Hallmark offer for moms.  If you are a mom of at least one child and you are willing to fill out some basic information, you can get a $10 off coupon to any Hallmark store.  There is this item that I have been wanting since last year called a Pupper-Weight.  It sounds goofy, but our front door will not stay open without a door stopper of some kind, and we've been using a cheap Walmart candle as a door stopper since we moved in.  I've always said in the back of my mind that I really wanted to get a door stopper that looked like a yellow lab, and Billy searched high and low for one to give me last Christmas, but couldn't find one.  I finally found them, which they happen to sell at Hallmark, but I didn't want to pay $11 for something frivolous, so I put it on my Christmas list.  After getting the coupon, I decided to go buy my Pupper-Weight, which I paid $1.50 for.  Yay!
 It's actually supposed to be a golden retriever rather than a lab, but I thought it looked more like Shelley than the lab did.  I am very excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment