Monday, November 22, 2010

Just Needing to Vent...

This entry has nothing to do with saving money or couponing.  I am just really worried and frustrated over some things and need to vent about it for a few minutes.

First, we got something in the mail today saying that we owe Centra Health $5,000 and that this balance is being turned over to a debt collector.  Of course, that was very worrying to us because we take great care to make good credit decisions so that we can maintain a good credit score.  Plus, we never got a bill from Centra for that amount, and Billy had already set up a payment plan to pay off our medical debt.  Fortunately, he was able to straighten out that situation and it was just a mistake; they told us to disregard the letter.

Second, our insurance company sent us a letter saying that Ellie and I were dropped as of 10/31/10.  When Billy lost his job back in September, they told him that he would have full severance pay and insurance coverage until the end of the year, which included the family insurance plan he was paying for out of his paycheck.  Fortunately, we haven't had any doctor appointments this month, so we haven't had any problems.  However, it's really frustrating that they would drop Ellie and I (not Billy) when they told him that he would maintain coverage on our family until the end of the year.  He is currently working on that situation and is trying to figure out what happened.  We have had other problems with our insurance company in the past, and recently they refused to refill Ellie's prescriptions because it wasn't authorized until it had been a full month since her last refill.  I understand the policy, but they don't give me enough medicine for Ellie to last a full month, so what is she supposed to do for that extra week or so?  Fortunately, Walgreen's was able to communicate with the insurance company and got it straightened out for this month, but I wonder what they will do next time.

I don't want to get all woe-is-me and throw a pity party for myself, but sometimes I really wonder why it's one thing on top of another this year.  First, it was Ellie's birth and my health problems, then Billy lost his job, and now Ellie and I don't have insurance.  I trust that it will all work out; it usually does.  But I just hate how things have to be so hard sometimes when we've already been through a lot.  But you know, I was just telling Billy last night that I'm grateful that God put me through all of that with eclampsia and HELLP syndrome, because it really made me so much closer to Him and made me grateful for life, which is so fleeting and I used to take it for granted.  I really need to remember that there is no reason to worry at this point, at least until Billy talks to LifeWay and the insurance company to figure out what happened.  He can certainly put us on insurance through his new job, we just weren't planning on it until January 1st after our old insurance was gone.  It's not like a life or death situation, so I need to just chill I think, and realize that there are way worse things that could be happening.  I am definitely thinking about Philippians 4:4-7, and just trying to focus on God's promises:

"Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice!  Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.  And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

No comments:

Post a Comment