Friday, December 10, 2010

Great Savings on Photos

Geez O'Pete's, I am exhausted!  I just went through a gazillion pictures and placed a huge order on Shutterfly, but I saved a ton of money!  I just had to share it because I am so excited that I ordered all of this stuff and that it's done!

I placed an order that would have normally cost $120, and only spent $38.89!  Here's how:

My order consisted of  174 4x6 prints, 6 5x7 prints, 11 8x10 prints, 2 pages of wallets, and 25 Christmas photo cards.  I used a bunch of promotional codes:

- two free 4x6 print codes (one for 50 and the other for 30 = 80 free 4x6 prints)
- a free portrait package (25 4x6, 2 5x7, and 1 8x10 = free)
- 20% off one order
- $20 off from Target Baby (gift card I got for registering at Target when I was pregnant)
- free shipping on orders over $50
- 20% off photo cards

With all of these promotional codes, I ended up saving $74.21!  Granted, I have to be patient for these to come in the mail next week, but I'm willing if it means I'll save money!  If I had made this same purchase at Walgreen's and picked them up today, I would have spent $91.05.  Bleh!

Also, we got our Christmas tree yesterday, so I'm hoping that we can decorate it tonight.  It's a super skinny tree, but it's perfect for our living room since we are low on space.  I spent a couple minutes picking it out, which is a huge accomplishment for me.  In years past I have spent at least 30 minutes in the freezing cold to find the "perfect" tree....only to decide that we need to check other places before buying one.  So we go back and forth between stores until I find "the one."  This year, I had no patience being picky and I wasn't looking for that super fat tree, so it was much easier.  Plus, I didn't want Ellie to freeze her little tushy off, so I was a speed shopper.  


Ellie's Christmas stocking also came in the mail, and it is perfect!  Billy and I ordered Christmas stockings from LL Bean for our first Christmas, and I had to get Ellie one.  They are so cute together!  


That's all for now....Billy will be home soon and I need to start dinner!


Blessings.....Kristen

1 comment:

  1. Remember that first Christmas tree you guys had? The big beastly one that took up 1/3 of your living room lol. We've resorted to Charlie Brown trees, too. I'd rather a huge tree, but we just don't have the space for one.

    Awesome job on your pictures! =) I haven't couponed or grocery shopped (other than to grab one night's dinner ingredients) in over two weeks, so I feel out of place. I was going to do it today, but the globs of people everywhere got on my nerves.

    ReplyDelete