Thursday, January 27, 2011

Addicted to Savings!

I have to say, I'm really addicted to finding good deals.  I guess I have to find an obsession since I'm no longer a student....so I think I've transferred all of my planning and organizational obsessions to couponing and shopping.  I don't think it's a bad thing, though!

This week, I've been to CVS, Target, Walmart, and Kroger (twice lol).  My first Kroger trip, I spent $32.45 on the basic necessities.  I did get some good deals on Ore-Ida potatoes, Velveeta Mac n Cheese, Mahatma rice packs, canned tomatoes, and Rotel (bought 2 cans for 10 cents each!) as part of the Mega Event promotion (buy 10 participating items, get $5 off).  I was fairly satisfied with my shopping, and then I realized all the other stuff for the Mega Event sale that wasn't listed in the Kroger ad, and I knew I was going to end up going back to get more stuff.  I also went to CVS that day and bought a small jug of Xtra detergent for 56 cents (normally $2.99).  Granted, my coupon was in Spanish, but they still took it (just looked at me kinda funny).

Today, Billy went with me and Ellie to go finish our shopping for the week.  Pictured below is everything we bought today, totaling $26.10.




Our first stop was Target.  There, I got:
- one travel size Tide detergent = FREE (originally 97 cents, used $1 off coupon)
- Breathe Right strips = FREE (free coupon)
- Up and Up liners = 39 cents (originally 89 cents, used 50 cents off Target coupon)
- 2 Old El Paso taco kits = $1.70 each (orig. $2.59 each, on sale $2 each, used 60 cents off coupon)
- 2 bottles of A1 sauce = $1.50 each (on sale $2.99 each, used 2 $1 manufacturer's coupons and $1 Target coupon)


At Walmart, I bought:
- 2 boxes of Shake n Bake = $1.23 each ($1.98 each, used 2 75 cents off coupons)
- Kikkoman soy sauce = 42 cents ($1.42 each, used $1 off coupon)


Finally, my Kroger shopping expedition (everything is part of the Mega Event promotion):
- 10 bottles of Sobe = $5 (orig. $2 each, on sale for 99 cents each) 
- 3 boxes of Kleenex = 85 cents each or $2.57 total (orig. $1.69 each, on sale $1.19 each, used 50 cents off 3 coupon which doubled to $1)
- 5 boxes of Pampers wipes 60 ct. = 49 cents each or $2.50 total (orig. $1.99 each, on sale for $1.49 each, used 5 $1 off coupons)
- 3 cans of Rotel = 17 cents total, or 6 cents each! (89 cents each, on sale 39 cents each, used $1 off 3 coupon)
- 6 cans Del Monte green beans = $3 total (orig. 99 cents each, on sale 49 cents each)
- New York frozen bread = 99 cents (orig $2.49, on sale $1.99, used $1 off coupon)
- Kraft singles = FREE (orig. $1.49, on sale 99 cents, used $1 off coupon)
-Heinz ketchup = $1.49 (orig. $1.99)  

For the entire week, I spent $59.11, which I don't think is too bad considering all of the extras I bought.  According to all of my receipts, I saved $69.79.  This is definitely one of those weeks that I feel like all the time and energy spent is worth it!

1 comment: